Full course description
About the Course
Today's employers are seeking candidates that can quickly adapt to new and changing work environments by communicating effectively with supervisors and colleagues. This module from IU Online allows you to explore this topic on your own time in a robust online learning environment. The modules will define and explain key techniques and best practices to help you communicate professionally with potential and current employers.
Course Learning Objectives
- Define the key features of good communication
- List the strategies of an active listener
- Identify the features of powerful emails
- Describe the strategies for positive communication
- Access best practices for creating strong presentations
Meet the Instructor
Robert works in partnership with IU Online, managing the onboarding program for online students, and providing career development support and coaching. Robert is active on IUPUI’s Career Services Council and LGBTQ+ Faculty Staff Council, as well as with several national organizations focused on distance and continuing education.