Full course description
About the Course
Access databases are ideal tools for tracking large volumes of related information in an easy-to-use graphical format. Intended for people with little or no experience using Access, this workshop introduces database terminology and relationships concepts. Participants will create Access objects such as tables and queries as well as simple forms and reports.
- Open a database
- Create, design, and modify tables to hold data
- Enter, edit, and delete data
- Import data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Create and use select queries
- Define relationships between tables
- Create a simple relational form
- Create a simple report
- Structure data in a spreadsheet
- Navigate in a spreadsheet
- Enter and modify data
- Identify and use number and text formats
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training , a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.