Full course description
About This Training
Pursuant to the HIPAA Privacy & Security Rules, the HITECH Act and the IU HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance Plan, IU must inform all of its workforce members of their responsibilities to protect PHI when using mobile devices, regardless of ownership of that device.
Length: 15 minutes
Audience: All workforce members in an IU HIPAA Affected Area
This training will:
- Review obligations under the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- Define terms
- Define expectations
- Identify the types of IU sensitive data that you are responsible for protecting
- Identify Safeguards and Best Practices for securing mobile devices
- Identify resources for more information on compliance with the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
HIPAA@iu.edu for questions related to training content
For any technical issues, or if you have a guest account* and need to enroll in the training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Do not create a guest account if you are, or will be, an IU student or employee. IU students and employees need to complete training with their IU accounts.
Guest account requests for acces to the training need to include the following:
First and last name, email used to register for a guest account, and the reason for access.
To enroll in the course:
- Click “Enroll”
- Login to Expand if you have not already done so. (You will either use your IU credentials to login, or take steps to create a guest login if you do not have IU credentials.)
- Click “Enroll in Course”
- Select “Go to Your Dashboard”
- Locate the proper course under “In Progress” then select “Begin Course"