Full course description
Pursuant to the HIPAA Privacy & Security Rules, the HITECH Act and the IU HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance Plan, IU must inform all of its workforce members of their responsibilities to protect PHI when using mobile devices, regardless of ownership of that device.
This training will:
- Review obligations under the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules;
- Define terms;
- Define expectations;
- Identify the types of IU sensitive data that you are responsible for protecting.
- Identify Safeguards and Best Practices for securing mobile devices;
- Identify resources for more information on compliance with the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
To enroll in the course, you will need to take the following steps:
- Click "Enroll"
- Login to Expand if you have not already done so. You will use your IU credentials to login, or you can take the steps to create a guest account if you do not have IU credentials.
- Click "Enroll in Course"
- Select "Go to Your Dashboard"
Locate the proper course
under "In Progress" then select "Begin"