Full course description
HIPAA and the IU HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance Plan require the completion of HIPAA training annually.
Pursuant to the HIPAA Privacy & Security Rules, the HITECH Act and the IU HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance Plan, all workforce members (which includes students, interns, residents and fellows) in an IU HIPAA Affected Area must complete HIPAA training on an annual basis.
This training will:
• Provide a general overview of HIPAA’s privacy and security requirements;
• Provide education regarding access, use and disclosure of protected health information (PHI);
• Outline your responsibilities in the proper use and disclosures of PHI;
• Identify privacy and security safeguards;
• Describe how to report privacy and security incidents/breaches.
To enroll in the course, you will need to take the following steps:
- Click "Enroll"
- Login to Expand if you have not already done so. You will use your IU credentials to login, or you can take the steps to create a guest account if you do not have IU credentials.
- Click "Enroll in Course"
- Select "Go to Your Dashboard"
- Locate the proper course under "In Progress" then select "Begin"