Full course description
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the IU HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance Plan require the completion of HIPAA training annually.
Pursuant to the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, the HITECH Act and the IU HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance Plan, all workforce members (which includes academic appointees, staff, students, interns, residents, fellows, and affiliates) in an IU HIPAA Affected Area must complete the HIPAA training on an annual basis.
This training will:
- Provide a general overview of HIPAA's privacy and security requirements
- Provide education regarding access, use and disclosure of protected health information (PHI)
- Outline your responsibilities in the proper use and disclosure of PHI
- Identify privacy and security safeguards
- Describe how to report privacy and security incidents/breaches
Meet the Instructor
Claire Tempel is the HIPAA Privacy Officer for Indiana University
HIPAA@iu.edu for questions related to training email@example.com for technical issues