Full course description
Welcome to Indiana University! No matter where you are, you are a part of the IU community of learners. In this course, you will learn about the many ways that IU is here to help you succeed: Through academics, financial aid, technology services, career development and more. This course will help you check off the important boxes on your To-Do list as a new online student.
How to Enroll in the Onboarding Course
Please log with your Indiana University Central Authentication Services (CAS) user name and pass phrase into the Onboarding which is hosted within Canvas Learning Management System.
If you have not created your CAS user name and pass phrase, please complete the instructions below to create your account. Any student who has been admitted to the university and to the appropriate school within the university can create a computing account. Make sure you know your 10-digit University ID number before proceeding.
The Account Management Service AMS (opens to an external site) allows you to create the basic computing account(s) you need at IU. To use AMS, you must know your last name, date of birth, and University ID number. Note:
- Please allow 10-15 minutes to complete the account creating process.
- Your session will time out if left inactive for more than five consecutive minutes, requiring that you log in and begin the process again.
- If you encounter a problem with the account creation process, copy the full text of any error message and contact the Support Center (opens to an external site).
Module Topics Include
- Academic & Career Support: Success Coaches, accessibility services, using your campus library, support for your career, writing and math assistance, academic integrity (do you understand plagiarism?), placement testing, your student records.
- Technology: Using Canvas, the learning management system at IU; meeting with peers at a distance; the importance of checking your email; student perks: free computer programs and more!
- Academic Planning & Registration: Working with your advisor, registering for classes, planning your course schedule.
- Financial Aid Services: Starting with FAFSA, interpreting your financial aid notification, IU services offered.