Full course description
About the Course
If you are considering IU Online to further your education and jump-start your career, this test drive allows you to explore everything that IU Online has to offer. You can experience what it’s like to be an IU Online student and see what real IU Online courses look like.
Whether you’re new to online education or simply new to IU, you probably have a lot of questions about the IU Online experience. This test drive gives you a taste of online learning and answers many of your questions. In it, you discover who's taking online courses and explore the types of learning activities you can expect, the services you’ll enjoy, the technology and tools that will be available to you, and much more.
You can also preview real IU Online courses and gain first-hand experience with the different learning activities you’ll complete online. These online activities, which include notes and recordings, quick checks, flashcards, quizzes, and more, are designed to mimic the interactions you would have in a face-to-face classroom or an in-person lecture. Courses available to preview include:
- Mathematics: Pre-Calculus
- Public Health: Zombie Apocalypse and Other Doomsday Infections
- Health and Life Sciences: Oral Pathology, Physiology, & Anatomy
- Social Work: Generalist Theory & Practice
- Medical Science and Technology: Sectional Imaging Pathology
- World Languages: Thai 101
This test drive takes approximately one hour to explore, excluding the time it takes to watch videos included in each course preview.
By the end of this course students will be able to
- Describe examples of IU online courses
- Identify how online course work is assigned and assessed
- Utilize different online modalities for interacting with peers and your instructor
Meet the Instructor
This course was created through a collaboration between eLearning Design & Services and the IU Office of Online Education.