Full course description
Welcome to Indiana University! No matter where you are, you are a part of the IU community of learners. In this course, you will learn about the many ways that IU is here to help you succeed: Through academics, financial aid, technology services, career development and more. This course will help you check off the important boxes on your To-Do list as a new online student.
How to Enroll in the Onboarding Course
Please log with your Indiana University Central Authentication Services (CAS) user name and pass phrase into the Onboarding which is hosted within Canvas Learning Management System.
For guest accounts, go to the Account Management Service in One.IU.edu
To create a Guest account at Indiana University:
- Click .
- Enter your email address in the appropriate field.Note:For all Guest accounts, the username is the full email address provided (e.g.,
email@example.com). Thus, to successfully authenticate to IU applications and services, enter the full address when prompted for a username.
- Enter your name in the appropriate fields; enter and verify your IU Guest account password. Click .
- The system will send an activation message to the email address you provided. To open the page that will activate your account, click the link in the message.
- On the "Activate your IU Guest Account" page, enter your username (i.e., the entire email address you provided) and confirmation code.
- Click .
- Please allow 10-15 minutes to complete the account creating process.
- Your session will time out if left inactive for more than five consecutive minutes, requiring that you log in and begin the process again.
- If you encounter a problem with the account creation process, copy the full text of any error message and contact the Support Center (opens to an external site).
Module Topics Include
- Academic & Career Support: Success Coaches, accessibility services, using your campus library, support for your career, writing and math assistance, academic integrity (do you understand plagiarism?), placement testing, your student records.
- Technology: Using Canvas, the learning management system at IU; meeting with peers at a distance; the importance of checking your email; student perks: free computer programs and more!
- Academic Planning & Registration: Working with your advisor, registering for classes, planning your course schedule.
- Financial Aid Services: Starting with FAFSA, interpreting your financial aid notification, IU services offered.