Full course description
About the Training
In this training, we will be covering how to successfully conduct an oral history interview for the Indiana University Bicentennial Oral History Project.
What You Expect
As part of this training, you will learn how to successfully:
- Describe the project mission
- Identify best practices in interviewing
- Describe how to work the recording equipment
- Conduct an oral history interview for the Indiana University Bicentennial Oral History Project
- List the steps to become an interviewer
Meet the Director
As the University’s Bicentennial Archivist, Kristin Leaman ensures the University Archives is responsive to units, events, and initiatives as planning for the University bicentennial moves forward. She works closely with the Office of the Bicentennial and the University Historian to assist with planning, Signature Projects, Bicentennial Interns, and research. As the director of the Bicentennial Oral History Project, she liaises with archivists, librarians, and historians university-wide. Kristin is also responsible for reference, arrangement and description of university records and personal papers of faculty, alumni, and staff.