INDCS Supervisor Core Module II - Supervisor as Coach - 01/10/23
Ended Jan 18, 2023
Full course description
In this hybrid course, Supervisor Core - Supervisor as Coach, participants will apply the tools of DISC, Clinical Supervision, and leadership styles to promote and enhance the skills of mentoring and teaching workers through all stages of development to achieve the overall objectives of the Supervisor Core Series.
This course covers the following topics:
- Create a learning environment that supports professional and personal development of staff.
- Teach family case managers how, when and why to integrate direct practice tools into casework.
- Establish practice expectations that monitor and provide feedback by applying core permanency competencies to casework tasks and activities.
- Assess the value of a developmental approach to supervision and adapt supervision style to each worker's stage of development.
- Recognize the value and components of a mentoring program.
- Proactively recognize when a family case manager's emotional response and/or judgement interferes with the casework process and then empower the FCM to identify and examine these issues.
Important note: Please make sure you are using Chrome or Firefox as your browser when taking this course.
Meet the Designers
The Indiana Child Welfare Education & Training Partnership is designed to provide high quality social work education and statewide training for public child welfare employees. It provides BSW students with preparation for employment as a Family Case Manager; it allows DCS employees to enroll in the School's part-time MSW Program; and it provides state-of-the-art training to current DCS employees. This partnership is recognized nationally for its success and for its joint collaborative operation. Due to these efforts, Indiana is now seen as a model for the provision of public services that support children and families.
Contact email@example.com for more information.