Full course description
About the Webinar
People living with Sickle Cell Disease may encounter unique challenges in everyday living. This course seeks to provide a deeper understanding of Sickle Cell Disease, related complications, treatment options, and your role in supporting or advocating for those affected by the disease.
Continuing Education Credits available.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Explain Sickle Cell Disease and related health conditions
- Identify Sickle Cell populations and the importance of confirmatory testing
- Recall Sickle Cell related complications and treatment options
- Discuss current-day challenges for patients and families
- Discuss available support and resources for patients and families
- Strategize your role in advocating for Sickle Cell patients and families
Meet the Instructor
Dr. Carrie Lawrence is a practitioner-academic and public health advocate with several years of practice experience in nonprofit and social services. Her applied research examines addressing social justice, health disparities and inequalities by empowering communities to collectively act upon their own health priorities, inform program design and development as well as health policy and system transformation.
Narrated by Ms. Lesia Bostick - State Project Coordinator, Department of Public Policy and Engagement at the Indiana Minority Health Coalition, Inc.
How To Get a CEU Certificate
In order to receive a certification of completion with continuing education (CEU), you must enroll in the course. Also, you must score 80% or higher on the Assessment.