Full course description
About the Webinar
Experts from public health entities in Indiana discuss the benefits to PHAB accreditation for local health departments, strategies to overcome barriers to becoming accredited, and how to communicate the importance of accreditation to key stakeholders/leadership.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe how accreditation can help the health department adapt to changing needs of the community
- Explain how accreditation standards facilitate performance improvement strategies for local health departments.
- Describe the community’s role in a local health department’s preparation for accreditation.
- Describe the benefits of assigned staff to accreditation activities
- List at least three staffing options for performing accreditation functions
Meet the Instructor
Jerry King retired in 2018 after serving for over 20 years as Executive Director of the Indiana Public Health Association. His prior experience was in hospital community relations and inner-city neighborhood leadership development. He remains a member of the American Public Health Association. Jerry was a fellow and team mentor in the Mid-America Regional Public Health Leadership Institute.
Penny Caudill is the Administrator of the Monroe County Health Department. Working with the local health department in a variety of aspects has provided experience in local, state and federal government; supervision, management and the 10 essential services of public health.
How To Get a CEU Certificate
In order to receive a certification of completion with continuing education (CEU), you must enroll in the course. Also, you must score 80% or higher on the Assessment.