Full course description
About the Webinar
In this webinar series we discuss how to increase access to healthcare in rural communities, examine common barriers and solutions for overcoming them, and get to know the stories of community members impacted by a lack of access to healthcare services. This online course includes three sections: Health Insurance; Transportation, Geography, Language; Healthcare Provider Shortage.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe how health insurance fits within the social ecological framework.
- Describe why health insurance can be considered a barrier to accessing healthcare.
- Explain the effects of not having adequate health insurance coverage.
- Describe potential solutions that have been shown to or could improve health insurance coverage in rural Indiana.
Language barriers, Geography, Transportation:
- Understand how these barriers affect healthcare access within the SEM framework.
- Understand how English as a second language affects an individual’s access to healthcare.
- Describe potential solutions that can improve physical access to care via transit.
- Describe how healthcare provider shortage affects access to healthcare.
- Explain how healthcare provider shortages fit within the social ecological model.
- Describe current and future initiatives to improve the problem of provider shortages including opportunities and barriers.
Meet the Instructor
This course was developed with the assistance of 9 experts in healthcare access from organizations across the state of Indiana. Presenters include: Dr. Kosali Simon, PhD; Mark Fairchild, MSW; Dr. Rob Stone, MD; Dr. Lucia Guerra-Reyes, MPH, PhD; Rossina Sandoval Monsivais; Dr. Jesse Crane, DO; Sierra Vaughn, MPH; Bridgid Thomas, RN; Rebecca Steele, MSN, RN, CNL.
How To Get a CEU Certificate
In order to receive a certification of completion with continuing education (CEU), you must enroll in the course. Also, you must score 80% or higher on the Assessment.