Full course description
About the Training
This online course is part of the 30 Hour Disordered Gambling Counselor Training. This course will focus on the importance of typologies and subtypes in developing treatment for problem gamblers. The course content delves into the 3 subtypes of gamblers, narcissistic traits, past and present risk factors, general personality traits, affective-motivational variables, the Pathways Model, the Gambling Pathways Questionnaire, and explaining the role of mental health professional and gambling counselors.
Dr. Deborah Haskins, President of the Maryland Council on Problem Gambling, shares her insights and experiences as an expert in the field. As you work through the counselor training courses, you will be guided in evidence-based research and trends related to problem gambling. You will have the opportunity to study case-based scenarios and apply current treatment standards. This program is designed to advocate toward improving the lives of problem gamblers, their loved ones, and the communities in which they live.
Upon completion of this training module you will be able to:
- Evaluate the importance of typologies and subtypes in developing treatment.
- Summarize the 3 subtypes of gamblers.
- Identify narcissistic traits.
- Compare past to present risk factors.
- Define general personality characteristics.
- Apply affective-motivational variables.
- Support the Pathways Model.
- Introduced to the Gambling Pathways Questionnaire (GPQ).
- Explain what mental health professionals and gambling counselors do.
How to Get a CEU Certificate
In order to receive a certificate of completion with Continuing Education Units (CEUs), you must enroll in each section of the course. This course is not for credit with Indiana University. Also, you must score 80% or higher on the end of course assessment. The cost for each section of the course is $22 for 1.5 CEUs. Indiana residents and providers can complete the course for free. Reach out to Mary Lay at email@example.com for verification and to receive a promotion code to use during registration.