Full course description
About the Training
Welcome to the Introduction to SBIRT in Primary Care module. This educational module has been designed for professionals and students in many fields, including health care, mental health, justice/legal, education, substance abuse prevention, and public health.
The purpose of this hour-long module is to provide a foundational introduction to Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT). By the end of the module, you will have completed the following objectives:
- Describe the relationship between levels of alcohol and drug use and SBIRT
- Identify the outcomes and efficacy of SBIRT
- Define SBIRT and its role in healthcare
- Examine screening tools used in the application of SBIRT
- Recognize and explore best practices in the implementation of a brief intervention
- Explore SBIRT training and implementation standards
In order to receive a certificate of completion with Continuing Education Units (CEUs), you must enroll the course. Also, you must score 80% or higher on the end of course assessment. This course is not for credit with Indiana University.
The enrollment cost includes the certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU). If you do not need a CEU, you can enroll in the same free course in the Prevention Insights Training Portal.
Sign up for this course today!