Full course description
About the Training
Prevention Insights welcomes you to complete a self-study course of the substance of tobacco. This educational module has been designed for professionals and students in many fields, including health care, mental health, justice/legal, education, substance abuse prevention, and public health.
By the end of this tobacco course, you will have completed the following objectives:
- Learn more about the production of tobacco and methods of use
- Define key terminology and slang terms
- Discover the history of tobacco
- Review the effects of use and long term abuse on the brain and body
- Explore prevention efforts and treatment options for tobacco use
- Identify national and state data relative to tobacco
In order to receive a certificate of completion with Continuing Education Units (CEUs), you must enroll the course. Also, you must score 80% or higher on the end of course assessment. This course is not for credit with Indiana University.
The enrollment cost includes the certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU). If you do not need a CEU, you can enroll in the same free course in the Prevention Insights Training Portal.
Sign up for this course today!