Drug Overview: Prescription Drugs
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
This course is currently being updated and enrollment is temporarily closed. Please check back later to register for this course.
About the Training
Prevention Insights welcomes you to complete a self-study course on prescription drugs. This educational module has been designed for professionals and students in many fields, including health care, mental health, justice/legal, education, substance abuse prevention, and public health.
By the end of this prescription drugs course, you will have completed the following objectives:
- Understand the three classifications of prescription drugs that are most commonly misused and abused
- Learn about the history of the use of prescription drugs
- Identify the therapeutic effects of prescription drugs when taken properly and the side effects when they are used for non-medical purposes
- Recognize the different ways individuals can use prescription drugs for non-medical purposes
- See national and state trends of the non-medical use of prescription drugs
In order to receive a certificate of completion with Continuing Education Units (CEUs), you must enroll the course. Also, you must score 80% or higher on the end of course assessment. This course is not for credit with Indiana University.
The enrollment cost includes the certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU). If you do not need a CEU, you can enroll in the same free course in the Prevention Insights Training Portal.
Sign up for this course today!