Full course description
About the Training
Prevention Insights welcomes you to complete a self-study course on prescription drugs. This educational module has been designed for professionals and students in many fields, including health care, mental health, justice/legal, education, substance abuse prevention, and public health.
By the end of this prescription drugs course, you will have completed the following objectives:
- Understand the three classifications of prescription drugs that are most commonly misused and abused
- Learn about the history of the use of prescription drugs
- Identify the therapeutic effects of prescription drugs when taken properly and the side effects when they are used for non-medical purposes
- Recognize the different ways individuals can use prescription drugs for non-medical purposes
- See national and state trends of the non-medical use of prescription drugs
In order to receive a certificate of completion with Continuing Education Units (CEUs), you must enroll the course. Also, you must score 80% or higher on the end of course assessment. This course is not for credit with Indiana University.
The enrollment cost includes the certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU). If you do not need a CEU, you can enroll in the same free course in the Prevention Insights Training Portal.
Sign up for this course today!