Full course description
This course is currently being updated and enrollment is temporarily closed. Please check back later to register for this course.
About the Training
Prevention Insights welcomes you to complete a self- study course of the substance of heroin. This educational course has been designed for professional and students in many fields, including health care, mental health, justice/legal, education, substance abuse prevention, and public health.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the classification of heroin, its legal status and terminology
- Explain the production and manufacturing of heroin
- Name the types of heroin
- Describe the history of heroin use
- List the methods of use
- Recognize the cycle of use including effects on the body and brain
- Define dependence and its contributing factors
- Identify treatment options for heroin addiction
- Characterize components of recovery
- Specify national and state data trends related to heroin
- Provide insight to their professional field regarding the substance
In order to receive a certificate of completion with Continuing Education Units (CEUs), you must enroll the course. Also, you must score 80% or higher on the end of course assessment. This course is not for credit with Indiana University.
The enrollment cost includes the certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU). If you do not need a CEU, you can enroll in the same free course in the Prevention Insights Training Portal.
Sign up for this course today!