Full course description
About the Training
Prevention Insights welcomes you to complete a self- study course of the substance of heroin. This educational course has been designed for professional and students in many fields, including health care, mental health, justice/legal, education, substance abuse prevention, and public health.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the classification of heroin, its legal status and terminology
- Explain the production and manufacturing of heroin
- Name the types of heroin
- Describe the history of heroin use
- List the methods of use
- Recognize the cycle of use including effects on the body and brain
- Define dependence and its contributing factors
- Identify treatment options for heroin addiction
- Characterize components of recovery
- Specify national and state data trends related to heroin
- Provide insight to their professional field regarding the substance
In order to receive a certificate of completion with Continuing Education Units (CEUs), you must enroll the course. Also, you must score 80% or higher on the end of course assessment. This course is not for credit with Indiana University.
The enrollment cost includes the certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU). If you do not need a CEU, you can enroll in the same free course in the Prevention Insights Training Portal.
Sign up for this course today!