Full course description
Welcome to The Sustainability Solution: Proactive Approaches for Community Coalitions module! This is a self-paced, engaging, and dynamic course designed to provide a more in-depth understanding of the sustainability phase within the Strategic Prevention Framework. This course was developed by Prevention Insights with funding support from the Division of Mental Health and Addiction. This course is designed to reach a wide range of professions, including mental health, criminal justice, health care, education, law, substance treatment, social work, youth development, behavioral health, public health, faith, recovery, and others.
- Define and operationalize sustainment in terms of fiscal, capacity, and coalition infrastructure elements.
- Assess the extent to which the factors that promote sustainability are present within organizations.
- Conduct a gaps analysis of representative membership across community sectors.
- List multiple tactics for retaining coalition (or organization) members.
- Describe examples of sustainable systems change and its contribution to addressing long-term community outcomes.
- List factors that should be considered when prioritizing what strategies and programs should be sustained.
- Understand what comprises a diversified approach to sustainment.
- Develop a formal sustainment plan and targeted outcomes using an action plan format.
- Identify multiple fundraising ideas and strategies that can be applied locally.
- Describe multiple internet fundraising best practices and understand how to incorporate these elements into the organization’s online fundraising processes.
This course does not count as an IU credit hour. The content in this course and a participation certificate are available for free; however, if you would like a certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU), you will need to pay $15/CEU at the end of the course.
Adobe Flash Player is required for this course. For more information about using Flash at IU, please see the KB article on Adobe Flash Player.