Full course description
Welcome to the Introduction to SBIRT in Primary Care module. This educational module has been designed for professionals and students in many fields, including health care, mental health, justice/legal, education, substance abuse prevention, and public health.
The purpose of this hour-long module is to provide a foundational introduction to Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT). By the end of the module, you will have completed the following objectives:
- Describe the relationship between levels of alcohol and drug use and SBIRT
- Identify the outcomes and efficacy of SBIRT
- Define SBIRT and its role in healthcare
- Examine screening tools used in the application of SBIRT
- Recognize and explore best practices in the implementation of a brief intervention
- Explore SBIRT training and implementation standards
This course does not count as an IU credit hour. The content in this course and a participation certificate are available for free; however, if you would like a certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU), you will need to pay $15/CEU at the end of the course.
Adobe Flash Player is required for this course. For more information about using Flash at IU, please see the KB article on Adobe Flash Player.