Full course description
Prevention Insights welcomes you to complete a self-study course of the substance of tobacco. This educational module has been designed for professionals and students in many fields, including health care, mental health, justice/legal, education, substance abuse prevention, and public health.
By the end of this tobacco course, you will have completed the following objectives:
- Learn more about the production of tobacco and methods of use
- Define key terminology and slang terms
- Discover the history of tobacco
- Review the effects of use and long term abuse on the brain and body
- Explore prevention efforts and treatment options for tobacco use
- Identify national and state data relative to tobacco
This course does not count as an IU credit hour. The content in this course and a participation certificate are available for free; however, if you would like a certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU), you will need to pay $15/CEU at the end of the course.
Adobe Flash Player is required for this course. For more information about using Flash at IU, please see the KB article on Adobe Flash Player.