Full course description
Prevention Insights welcomes you to complete a self-study course on prescription drugs. This educational module has been designed for professionals and students in many fields, including health care, mental health, justice/legal, education, substance abuse prevention, and public health.
By the end of this prescription drugs course, you will have completed the following objectives:
- Understand the three classifications of prescription drugs that are most commonly misuesed and abused
- Learn about the history of the use of prescription drugs
- Identify the therapeutic effects of prescription drugs when taken properly and the side effects when they are used for non-medical purposes
- Recognize the different ways individuals can use prescription drugs for non-medical purposes
- See national and state trends of the non-medical use of prescription drugs
This course does not count as an IU credit hour. The content in this course and a participation certificate are available for free; however, if you would like a certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU), you will need to pay $15/CEU at the end of the course.
Adobe Flash Player is required for this course. For more information about using Flash at IU, please see the KB article on Adobe Flash Player.