Full course description
Prevention Insights welcomes you to complete a self- study course of the substance of heroin. This educational course has been designed for professional and students in many fields, including health care, mental health, justice/legal, education, substance abuse prevention, and public health.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the classification of heroin, its legal status and terminology
- Explain the production and manufacturing of heroin
- Name the types of heroin
- Describe the history of heroin use
- List the methods of use
- Recognize the cycle of use including effects on the body and brain
- Define dependence and its contributing factors
- Identify treatment options for heroin addiction
- Characterize components of recovery
- Specify national and state data trends related to heroin
- Provide insight to their professional field regarding the substance
This course does not count as an IU credit hour. The content in this course and a participation certificate are available for free; however, if you would like a certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU), you will need to pay $15/CEU at the end of the course.
Adobe Flash Player is required for this course. For more information about using Flash at IU, please see the KB article on Adobe Flash Player.