Full course description
Prevention Insights welcomes you to complete a self-study course of the substance cocaine. This educational module has been designed for professionals and students in many fields, including health care, mental health, justice/legal, education, substance abuse prevention, and public health.
By the end of this cocaine course, you will have completed the following objectives:
- Learn about cocaine and its methods of use
- Discover the history of cocaine
- Review the effects of use and long term abuse on the brain and body
- Define levels of use and signs of cocaine dependence
- Explore recovery and treatment options for cocaine use
- Identify national and state data relative to cocaine
This course does not count as an IU credit hour. The content in this course and a participation certificate are available for free; however, if you would like a certificate of completion with a Continuing Education Unit (CEU), you will need to pay $15/CEU at the end of the course.
Adobe Flash Player is required for this course. For more information about using Flash at IU, please see the KB article on Adobe Flash Player.