Full course description
This course introduces the basics of the grants process at the School of Public Health – Bloomington. This is a good orientation for faculty new to the school, new to submitting grants or looking for a refresher on the process. This course focuses on the proposal (pre-award) end of the process rather than the award management end. Learn who to contact with what questions, when deadlines are, what incentives are available, etc.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Identify the proposal process at SPH-B, including proposal deadlines.
- Find funding opportunities.
- Access many resources for grant writing.
- Identify who to contact for grant- or contract-related questions.
- Demonstrate basic familiarity with incentives and other assistance the SPH-B Dean’s Office offers.
- Determine the difference between a subcontractor and a supplier or consultant.
Module topics include:
- Module 1: Intro to Grants at SPH-B
- Module 2: Proposal Process
- Module 3: Incentives and Other Assistance
- Module 4: Working with Other Organizations
Meet the Creators
This course is created by the Grant Administration Office at the School of Public Health-Bloomington in collaboration with the School of Public Health Office of Online Education.
For inquiries or suggestions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.