Full course description
About the Course
This certification is founded and supported by the Indiana University Adapted Fitness (IU-AF) lab. THE IU-AF lab conducts research aimed at improving health outcomes for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (e.g., Autism, Down syndrome, Intellectual disability) through high-quality, evidence-based adapted physical activity and fitness programs. The lab partners with coaches, athletes, and non-profit organizations to translate our research to improve the quality and access to health-enhancing physical activity programs across the country.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
Meet the Instructors
- Julien Pineau, Movement Specialist
- Mike Ramirez, M.S., CF-L2
- Janette Hynes, M.S., CF-L1, CSCS
How To Enroll in a Course
- On the IU Expand login portal, click LOGIN (top right corner of the screen).
- IU Users with an IU username should click the blue LOG-IN button to CAS authenticate with their IU user credentials.
- Non-IU users need IU Guest accounts to enroll in IU Expand courses. For more information, Create an IU Expand Guest Account.
- Use the Search course listings for “Functional Training for Autism Certification” and select the course.
- Click Enroll then Enroll in Course.