Full course description
In this training, you will learn key statistics for people living with dementia and why it's important to be aware of this disease. In addition, training covers the signs of dementia and tips to react if meeting someone with dementia.
Upon completion of this training you will be able to:
- Define dementia
- Describe signs of dementia and how to react when meeting someone with dementia
- Explain the importance for businesses to be aware of dementia
- Explain ways to create a more inviting environment at business establishments
- Describe ways to interact with customers showing signs of dementia
How to Enroll
- Click the Enroll button
- If you HAVE an IU Network ID or Guest Account: Login to Canvas with your IU Network ID or Guest Account.
- If you DO NOT have an IU Network ID or Guest Account: Create a Guest Account to enroll in this course.Click here for instructions to enroll.
How to Get a Certification
If you are a business or organization and would like to receive your Dementia Friendly Certification, you will need to have at least 50% of your employees attend or view a training and complete the quiz to become certified.
If you would like someone to come to you and train you as the trainer for your organization, please email me at email@example.com or give me a call at 812.353.9310 to set up a time.