Dementia Friendly Business Training
Started Jul 10, 2018
Full course description
About the Course
In this training, you will learn key statistics for people living with dementia and why it's important to be aware of this disease. In addition, the training covers the signs of dementia and tips to react if meeting someone with dementia.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Define dementia
- Describe signs of dementia and how to react when meeting someone with dementia
- Explain the importance of businesses to be aware of dementia
- Explain ways to create a more inviting environment at business establishments
- Describe ways to interact with customers showing signs of dementia
Module topics include:
- Statistics for people living with dementia
- What the disease is and isn't
- Signs and symptoms of dementia
- How to make the best experience through communication and environment
- Urgent situations
Meet the Instructors
This course is developed by Indiana University Health.
IU Health is the largest network of physicians in the state of Indiana. A unique partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation's leading medical schools, gives patients access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options that are available first, and often only, at IU Health.
How to Get a Certification
If you are a business or organization and would like to receive your Dementia Friendly Certification, you will need to have at least 50% of your employees attend or view training and complete the quiz to become certified.
If you would like someone to come to you and train you as the trainer for your organization, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at 812.353.9310 to set up a time.