Full course description
This is an introductory course designed to begin the conversation around the LGBTQ+ community, terminology and resources. In this course some of what you will discover is the intersectionality between gender, sex and sexual orientation, how society plays a role in these concepts, and how gender is viewed around the world. You’ll learn through a 45 minute video presentation followed by a 5 question quiz to test your new knowledge.
After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Feel more comfortable with the basic concepts of the LGBTQ+ community
- Correctly utilize terminology, language and definitions
- Continue learning equipped with resources and terminology
Module Topics Include
- LGBTQ+ Community Terminology
- The LGBTQ+ Identity Spectrum
- Gender, Sex and Sexual Orientation
- National and IU specific LGBTQ+ Resources
- IU Honors Program in Foreign Languages (High School Study Abroad)
Meet the Department
This course was created by the LGBTQ+ Culture Center email@example.com.
For more information on precollege programs visit IU Bloomington’s precollege website.
If you're interested in learning mroe about IU Bloomington, join our mailing list.