Full program description
You must complete three required courses and two electives of your choice. You will need to purchase the required books. Sign up for the entire program here to receive a 20% discount off the entire program ($249/per class = $1245, entire program sign up - $996). As a result of signing up to this program, you will receive vouchers you can use to enroll in 2 electives of your choice. View our catalog of offerings to sign up!
After completing the program you will:
- Give yourself a competitive advantage.
- Increase your career opportunities and marketability
- Enhance your credibility as a travel professional so you can remain competitive and relevant in an industry of continual change.
- Improve your knowledge of the group travel industry.
- Allows you to earn industry validation for your knowledge.
Required Courses Include
- Business Grammar & Writing
- Customer Service
- Promoting Your Business
Elective Courses Include (must choose 2 to complete program)
- Effective Advertising
- Iginite Your Effectiveness by Improving Your Sales Skills
- Personal Organization & Effectiveness
- Running a Business: Understanding the Numbers is #1
About ABA and Program Certification
Certification is a mark of excellence that you carry with you everywhere you go. The American Bus Association (ABA) created the CTIS Program to provide an opportunity for members of our industry to build a strong business reputation for the industry. These continuing education programs were created exclusively for the motorcoach and group travel industry.
The ABA has partnered with the IUPUI Office of Community Engagement to offer the program. The CTIS correspondence courses are administered by IUPUI's highly acclaimed professional staff. These rigorous, demanding but essential courses, are designed exclusively for the motorcoach and group tour industry and will introduce you to new concepts in the industry and expand your professoinal and personal skills.