Full course description
Learn practical tips and techniques for successful business writing. This course provides a basic understanding of grammatical relationships rather than mere memorization of rules. Acquire skills to better target your audience and establish positive communications with your clients. Enhance your writing skills through a variety of multimedia content, games, discussions, and practicing various styles of common business writing tasks. Upon completion, you will have a reference portfolio of assignments. This course will increase your confidence and proficiency in both personal and professional correspondence.
After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Write and respond to professional memos, emails, and letters.
- Write or respond to a formal inquiry letter.
- Create effective brochures, flyers, and presentations.
Module Topics Include
- Commonly confused words, spelling, and grammar mistakes
- Informative and persuasive writing
- Email and interoffice instant messaging
- Free Rice, Grammarly and other helpful websites
Meet the Instructor
Kimberly Hilton is an Associate Professor of English at Ivy Tech Community College.