Full course description
In Indiana, we want every student to gain a Career EDGE. From the courses they choose and the experiences they have both inside and outside the classroom, students are building the foundation for their future career paths. To help students develop career awareness, we have created a series of online modules in Canvas to support students as they:
- Explore their values, strengths and interests in relation to degrees and careers.
- Develop an academic plan that connects with careers that excite them.
- Graduate with a solid plan for furthering their professional goals, and be
- Employed in a career that they are passionate about!
This course supports students as they build a foundation for their future career paths and supplements the resources offered by high school academic and career counselors. The course allows them to access the full richness of the Career EDGE offerings. Upon completion of this course, participants should be prepared to successfully transition from high school into a career or further higher education.
- Exploring Your Options
- Learning About Yourself and Your Options
- Aligning Your Academic and Career Goals
- Designing Your High School Experience
- Career Building
- Making a Professional Impression
- Landing the Job
- Writing Cover Letters and Communications
- Crafting Your Resume
Meet the Designers
The EDGE Initiative was a Lilly grant-funded project led by a team of high school guidance counselors and IU staff. The Indiana University Office of Completion and Student Success maintains the modules with assistance from the IU Career Services Alliance.
High school students, high school academic and career counselors, high school teachers, and parents of high school students.