Full course description
As an employee of the university, you are responsible for protecting student privacy!
This tutorial is intended to provide you with an understanding of FERPA and your privacy responsibilities. After you complete the tutorial, you will be asked to test your knowledge by completing a short quiz. For access to student data, you must receive a score of 80% or better, and submit the compliance form at the end of the quiz.
Everyone who has access to student data is required to complete this training every two years.
Total time for completion: 30 minutes
Topics in this tutorial:
- What is FERPA?
- Who is protected under FERPA?
- Who may access student education records?
- What is confidential vs. directory information?
- What is a FERPA restriction?
- What should I do in the event of an emergency?
- What if I discover an unauthorized release of student data?