Full course description
NoteIf you are a guest of IU, please follow this guide to create an account and login: Create an Account and Login Guide
About the Course
Each year, horse enthusiasts hoof it to Louisville and Churchill Downs, the legendary home of the Kentucky Derby. In addition to equestrian endeavors and bluegrass roots, Louisville boasts a range of exciting attractions the whole family can enjoy. Stroll through Central Park, in the historic district, to people-watch and get a real feel for the city. Visit other nearby parks for hiking, biking and fossil finding. Baseball fans will love the Louisville Slugger Museum, a celebration of the sport's legends. The museum is easy to spot, just look for the humongous bat that leans against the building.
By the end of this minicourse, you will know and have experienced the following things in Louisville:
- Louisville has the best tap water. Like, the country voted, and we won.
- A bunch of famous people are from Louisville, and everyone in Louisville can rattle off a list of their favorites
- The official drink of the Kentucky Derby is the Mint Julep. The official drink of Louisville is the Old Fashioned.
- You’ll see Fleur de Lis all over Louisville.
- If you’re going to Louisville, you have to eat a Hot Brown.
- Louisville is a city rich in art, culture, and theatre.
- Louisville has the largest fireworks display in the country.
Meet the Instructor
Kate Hendricks is a Freelance Writer and Social Media Manager who helps finance professionals and Fin-tech startups build an audience and get more paying clients online. Before starting a writing business, Kate spent six years as a Bank Teller and Virtual Assistant for financial companies in the U.S. and U.K. After a successful career helping small banks and real estate agencies, Katie now helps them write marketing copy for their products and services. Kate enjoys trying new sports (archery, anyone?) and managing a small property rental business. Kate’s available for marketing and writing projects, as well as private consultations.
Courses:Downtown Louisville; Nulu; The Highlands;Old Louisville; Butchertown; and Germantown
Type: Online only