Full program description
Lina Rifai, associate professor of vertebrate biology and resident ornithology expert, will lead this immersive KEY experience, in which attendees will explore raptor bird species. Enrollment in this event is limited to 20 attendees, on a first come first serve basis.
On August 12, you'll hop on a bus to the Indiana Raptor Center in Nashville, Indiana, to learn about its work caring for injured birds. Visitors will meet educational birds and learn how they are rehabilitated and released back into the wild. Lunch will be provided. The bus will leave IUK at 11:30 am (return around 6 pm).
- Please use this listing to register for the Raptor event on August 12th ONLY (without the addition of the second event on August 19th)! The cost is $110.
- You can receive a $5 discount if you are a student, alumni, faculty, or staff of IU Kokomo. For a discount code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A second event on August 19th will feature small birds such as songbirds and hummingbirds. To register for the banding event ONLY (not the Aug 12 raptor event), please click on this link: https://expand.iu.edu/browse/key/programs/bird-banding-event.
- To receive a $25 ($30 if you are IU faculty or staff) discount on BOTH events (Aug 12 and Aug 19) at the same time, please email email@example.com for a discount code to use at checkout.
- Please add each event to your cart by clicking on the shopping cart icon to the right of the "Enroll Now" button for each listing, then go to your cart to check out and apply the discount code.