Full course description
Brad Sutton, OD
COPE Number and Category
With respect to topical ophthalmic antibiotics - including aminoglycosides, fluoroquinolones, and sulfa-based antibiotics - be able to:
· Describe general principles of antibiotic use
· Describe clinical uses of topical ophthalmic antibiotics
· Describe side effects of topical ophthalmic antibiotics
· Describe mechanism of action of topical ophthalmic antibiotics
· Describe cost profiles of topical ophthalmic antibiotics
Continuing Education Requirements
All Indiana University School of Optometry (IUSO) online continuing education is COPE approved.
Optometrists should be familiar with the number and type of continuing education credits - including online continuing education credit - that may be counted for licensure by their state board. The Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry (ARBO) website lists CE requirements for all member regulatory boards.
Indiana licensed optometrists can click here to familiarize themselves with the Indiana Optometry Board continuing education requirements.
Illinois licensed optometrists can click here to familiarize themselves with the Illinois Optometric Licensing and Disciplinary Board continuing education requirements.