Full course description
All courses must be completed within 14 days of registration.
Neil A. Pence, OD, FAAO
COPE Number and Category
- To review the benefits of a compliance program
- To learn the seven basic elements of compliance and practical application of those elements to your practice
- To introduce the concept of risk prioritization and resources available to help
- To learn of the three major areas of federal enforcement
- To review issues of privacy and security
- To introduce the False Claims Act and Coding and Documentation issues
- To describe elements of relationship management and Fraud, Waste, and Abuse laws
- To briefly introduce and describe MACRA/MIPS
Continuing Education Requirements
All Indiana University School of Optometry (IUSO) online continuing education is COPE approved.
Optometrists should be familiar with the number and type of continuing education credits - including online continuing education credit - that may be counted for licensure by their licensing board. Further information can be found below.
Indiana licensed optometrists can click here to familiarize themselves with the Indiana Optometry Board continuing education requirements.
Illinois licensed optometrists can click here to familiarize themselves with the Illinois Optometric Licensing and Disciplinary Board continuing education requirements.
Optometrists from other states and provinces can go the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry (ARBO) website to view CE requirements for all member regulatory boards.
Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org