IUSO Online CE: Don't Let Swollen Optic Nerves Make You Nervous
Time limit: 14 days
Full course description
Course expires 24 AUG 2025. All courses must be completed within 14 days of registration.
About the CourseThis course covers several conditions that lead to true or presumed optic nerve head swelling, with an emphasis on the systemic ramifications of these conditions.
1) To learn about the examination techniques utilized in evaluating swollen optic nerves
2) To learn about the diagnosis and management of papilledema
3) To learn about the diagnosis and management of compressive optic neuropathy
4) To learn about the diagnosis and management of optic neuritis
5) To learn about the diagnosis and management of NAION
6) To learn about the diagnosis and management of arteritic AION
7) To learn about the diagnosis and management of medication induced optic neuropathy
8) To learn about the diagnosis and management of papillophlebitis
Meet the Instructor
Brad Sutton, OD, FAAO
Dr. Brad Sutton is a clinical professor and is the chief of service at the Indianapolis Eye Care Center. Dr. Sutton’s main areas of clinical interest include ocular disease and surgical co-management. He is heavily involved in clinical patient care, clinical research, and teaching in many of the ocular disease courses. He has given over 425 continuing education lectures on topics related to ocular disease at the local, state, national, and international level, and has published extensively. He was named the Young OD of the year in both Tennessee and Indiana, and has served as the President of the Optometric Retina Society. He is also a Fellow in the American Academy of Optometry and the Optometric Glaucoma Society. He is a member of the American Optometric Association and is Board Certified by the American Board of Certification in Medical Optometry.
Continuing Education Requirements
All Indiana University School of Optometry (IUSO) online continuing education is COPE approved.
Optometrists should be familiar with the number and type of continuing education credits - including online continuing education credit - that may be counted for licensure by their licensing board. Further information can be found below.
Indiana licensed optometrists can click here to familiarize themselves with the Indiana Optometry Board continuing education requirements.
Illinois licensed optometrists can click here to familiarize themselves with the Illinois Optometric Licensing and Disciplinary Board continuing education requirements.
Optometrists from other states and provinces can go the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry (ARBO) website to view CE requirements for all member regulatory boards.
ARBO Listing of CE Requirements