Full program description
About The Program
This Cystic Fibrosis online education program consists of two courses. Course One is now available and Course Two will be released in early 2019.
This program leverages the new “Diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis: Consensus Guidelines” published in 2017 and edited by Phillip Farrell, MD, PhD for the purpose of improving newborn screening diagnosis.
The importance of properly diagnosing and reporting an accurate diagnosis to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) cannot be overstated. We owe it to the families that screen positive in our CF Newborn screening programs to deliver the correct diagnosis whenever possible. Currently about 30% of NBS diagnosis of CRMS/CFSPID and CF are inaccurate at first posting.
This program is designed to provide educational support for an accurate diagnosis and importantly, in collaboration with the CFF, will link changes in accurate registry diagnosis with each participating center.
CME and ABP MOC Part 2 credit will be provided to those that finish the activity and complete a brief evaluation at the end. This learning activity is meant to change physician performance by improving accuracy of diagnosis in the patient registry. A program could choose to work with an American Board of Pediatrics approved sponsor towards a ABP MOC Part 4 credit in this area.
Course One: Cystic Fibrosis Newborn Screening & Diagnosis
Modules for this course include:
Module One: CF
Genetics: The Basics
Module Two: CF Newborn Screening: Current State
Module Three: CRMS/CFSPID: Diagnosis
Module Four: CRMS/CFSPID: Management
Module Five: CF Diagnosis: Advanced Topics
Please keep in mind:
- 2.00 CME credits will be awarded for this course (although it may take anywhere between 60 to 120 minutes to complete depending on the learner’s expertise.)
- In order to earn your course certificate and CME credit, you must complete a pre- and post-quiz for each module as well as a quick survey at the end.
- If you need to leave the course and come back in, click the module you were working on when you left.
- The purpose of the pre-quiz is to assess your baseline knowledge prior to the educational component of this module.
- For ABP MOC Part 2 credit, the learner will need an average score of at least 60% on the post module quizzes in order to receive credit.
- Course videos do contain audio so you may need headphones.
- Please be aware that while taking this course, you will receive 10 email notifications from Canvas (the learning management system) that you have submitted quizzes.
How to Enroll
If you are a member of IU, click Enroll and proceed through CAS login.
If you are a guest of IU, please follow this guide to create an account and login: Create an Account and Login Guide