Full course description
In this course, you will learn about characteristics of autism spectrum disorder, strengths and challenges of individuals with ASD, as well as the impact ASD has on individual lives.
After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Recognize the spectrum diagnoses
- Understand the purpose for medical diagnosis and educational classification
- Be able to compare and contrast a medical diagnosis and educational classification
- Recognize that there is no medical test or one tool to diagnosis or identify autism spectrum disorders
- Understand the basic processes for ASD diagnosis
Module Topics Include
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Overview
- Core Challenges of ASD
- Understanding the Impact
Meet the Course Creators
HANDS in Autism® has emerged as a state-wide training and resource center making a significant impact in the lives of individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other special needs as well as their families and caregivers. The evidence-based behavioral and educational practices at the core of the HANDS curriculum have had noted feasibility and practicality to providers and other stakeholders across educational, medical/clinical, and home/community settings.