Full course description
In this course, you will explore the importance of visual and visual structure in setting up an environment for an individual with ASD that allows them to be successful, understand expectations, and gain independence across settings.
After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between types of physical structure
- Identify visual structure needs across settings
- Identify visual supports that could be used across settings
- Evaluate the readiness of your own setting in terms of physical and visual structure
Module Topics Include
- About Physical Structure
- About Visual Structure
- Why Use Visual Supports
- Visual Supports Explained
Meet the Course Creators
HANDS in Autism® has emerged as a state-wide training and resource center making a significant impact in the lives of individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other special needs as well as their families and caregivers. The evidence-based behavioral and educational practices at the core of the HANDS curriculum have had noted feasibility and practicality to providers and other stakeholders across educational, medical/clinical, and home/community settings.