Designing and Implementing a Functional Behavior Assessment and Behavior Intervention Plan
Time limit: 120 days
Full course description
This course discusses the process of conducting a Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) and developing a Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP). You will also explore common pitfalls with the conduct and use of FBA and BIP
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the purpose of a functional behavior assessment (FBA)
- Identify the role of an FBA and primary functions of behavior in behavior intervention planning
- Plan for the three essential intervention components of an effective behavior intervention plan (BIP)
Meet the Course Creators
HANDS in Autism® has emerged as a state-wide training and resource center making a significant impact in the lives of individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other special needs as well as their families and caregivers. The evidence-based behavioral and educational practices at the core of the HANDS curriculum have had noted feasibility and practicality to providers and other stakeholders across educational, medical/clinical, and home/community settings.
How to Access
- If you do not already have an IU Guest Account, you must create one. You’ll find more information about creating an IU Guest Account here.
- After obtaining access to an IU Guest Account, come back to this page and click Login to enroll.