Full course description
Evidence-based Practices (EBPs) are a buzz phrase in educational and therapy programs for children, youth, and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). In this module, you will explore practices considered evidence-based in the field of ASD; what it means to be a good steward of EBPs; and how to use data to inform the decision of which EBPs to utilize and also tracking progress once the intervention is put into place.
After completing the modules, you will be able to:
- Define evidence-based practice (evidence-based medicine will be included within the descriptions of EBPs for the purpose of this module)
- Illustrate steps in evidence-based decision making
- Summarize principles of the philosophy of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Recognize evidence-based strategies rooted in ABA
Module Topics Include
- About Evidence-Based Practices
- Evidence-Based Practices and Applied Behavior Analysis
Meet the Course Creators
HANDS in Autism® has emerged as a state-wide training and resource center making a significant impact in the lives of individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other special needs as well as their families and caregivers. The evidence-based behavioral and educational practices at the core of the HANDS curriculum have had noted feasibility and practicality to providers and other stakeholders across educational, medical/clinical, and home/community settings.