American English Teaching Methods - The Writing Process - TEFL is a Course
American English Teaching Methods - The Writing Process - TEFL
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
This course is designed for international teachers currently teaching outside of the United States whose students are between the ages of five and twelve. This course will develop participants' teaching abilities by encouraging them to recognize and implement American strategies for teaching reading and writing skills to their students. Participants in this course will learn how to think critically about the ways that they can enhance the language learning experience for their students.
In this course, participants will:
- be able to differentiate various classifications of writing genre (persuasive, expository, narrative, etc.) to create meaningful writing experiences through scaffolding and pre-writing strategies such as model texts and graphic organizers
- explore the writing process as a whole (including brainstorming, drafting, revising/editing, and publishing) by writing about relevant and meaningful topics to create a community of classroom writers. Collecting and organizing student work as well as formulating writing assessments will also be addressed.
This course is intended to be experienced alongside PIE's other course offerings:
- Classroom Management Strategies
- Teaching Phonics Awareness
- Reading and Writing Strategies for the ESL Classroom
- Teaching Reading Through Literature
- Introduction to American English Teaching Methods - Capstone Project