Full course description
Course OverviewThis cooperative course covers a wide range of topics, including political philosophies, the constitution, civil rights, political parties and general citizenship.
Course topics are organized as follows:
- Who should Wield Power? Competing Political Philosophies of Early American History
- Who should Wield Power? Continued...
- The Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Civil Rights
- Civil Rights Continued and is the Constitution relevant and effective in America today?
- Constitution continued...
- What does it mean to be a Citizen of the United States?
- Political Parties, Media, and all of that Jazz.
- How Effective is the Legislative Branch in Governing? Should Congressional representatives have term limits?
- Has the Expansion of the Executive Power Been Positive?
Please note that Cooperative courses are restricted to teen-age students only; you must be under 19½ at the time of registration.
The course is designed for high-school freshman or higher.
View a demo version of the course at https://iu.instructure.com/courses/1990744
How to Enroll