Full course description
About the Course
At Indiana University we focus on excellence in every facet of what we do, whether it be teaching, research, or service to the university or community. This set of online modules provides a concise orientation for faculty who are new to teaching online at IU.
By the end of this course, you will learn:
- To write learning outcomes
- To design effective assessments
- To create an accessible syllabus
- To incorporate graphics and other design elements
- Do's and Don'ts of using copyrighted material
- Strategies to promote teacher presence
- Strategies to promote student engagement
Module Topics Include
- Indiana University's Model of Online Education
- Designing an Online Course
- Teaching an Online Course
About the Instructors
This course was designed by David Becker and Susan Hathaway from the Teaching Centers of IUS and IUB, respectively.
For more information about Canvas tools, course design, and teaching strategies, please contact your campus teaching center.