Creating Graphics for the Web (IT Training)
Full course description
Help accessing courses on IU Expand (for IU and non-IU users)
About the Course
This course introduces the different tools available in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop for creating web graphics. In this training, we'll create graphics for a website, including buttons, a logo, and a banner image. During the creation process, we'll learn about optimizing graphics for the web and various techniques for creating web graphics in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Learn the difference between vector and raster graphics
- Create graphics for a website, including a banner, buttons, and a logo
- Learn techniques for creating web graphics in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Optimize graphics for the web using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with the Photoshop and Illustrator interfaces
- Ability to perform basic photo editing in Photoshop
- Ability to create and edit text and shapes in Illustrator
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.