Full course description
IMPORTANT NOTE: IU faculty, staff, and students can access this course content at no cost with a valid IU username and passphrase.
(DO NOT PURCHASE THIS COURSE IF YOU ARE AN IU MEMBER.)
IU faculty, staff, and students: Learn more and enroll at no cost.
This course introduces the different tools available in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop for creating web graphics. In this training, we'll create graphics for a website, including buttons, a logo, and a banner image. During the creation process, we'll learn about optimizing graphics for the web and various techniques for creating web graphics in Illustrator and Photoshop.
Length: 2-4 hours totalLearning Objectives
- Learn the difference between vector and raster graphics
- Create graphics for a website, including a banner, buttons, and a logo
- Learn techniques for creating web graphics in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Optimize graphics for the web using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with the Photoshop and Illustrator interfaces
- Ability to perform basic photo editing in Photoshop
- Ability to create and edit text and shapes in Illustrator
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Get a 10% discount on the combined cost of all courses in this series when you enroll in the full series at one time. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.