Full course description
About the Course
Discover how pivot tables can make tasks easier and how they can be useful in analyzing data. In this course, you will learn how to create, format, and modify pivot tables, perform various summary techniques when displaying data, and create charts. This course will also explore more advanced techniques such as grouping items in PivotTables, creating calculated fields, and using the slicer tools. This course is dual track and will be presented for both Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets users.
- Create a pivot table
- Filter a pivot table
- Sort a pivot table
- Work with multiple value fields
- Add custom calculations to a pivot table
- Refresh and update a pivot table
- Create a PivotChart (Microsoft Excel) or chart (Google Sheets)
- Enter data into a worksheet
- Work with formulas and functions
- Navigate between worksheets in a workbook
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.