Full course description
About the Course
Whether you're absolutely new to page design or have some experience, it's always helpful to spend some time thinking about how to approach putting together a publication. In this training, we'll explore how to build an engaging publication for print and digital media. We'll also explore page design principles and layout techniques, while learning more about the art and science of page design.
- Explore a workflow that will help you get started with the design process
- Gain a basic understanding of publishing terminology
- Explore page layout principles that will help you design an effective publication
- Learn best practices of working with color, images and typography in a publication
- Basic computing skills, such as using a mouse and a keyboard
- Basic file management and organization skills
- Basic understanding of using Adobe InDesign, including opening files, placing images and text in a document, and arranging objects on a page
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.