Full course description
IMPORTANT NOTE: IU faculty, staff, and students can access this course content at no cost with a valid IU username and passphrase.
(DO NOT PURCHASE THIS COURSE IF YOU ARE AN IU MEMBER.)
IU faculty, staff, and students: Learn more and enroll at no cost.
In this training, we'll be taking a two-page newsletter previously created in InDesign and expanding it to a four-page document. In the process we'll gain experience in working with page masters, which are underlying templates for document pages. We'll also work with advanced tools and features of InDesign, and learn how to prepare and package a publication for printing.
Length: 2-4 hours totalLearning Objectives
- Configure and apply page masters
- Create headers and footers
- Create automatic “continued on” segments
- Thread a story with in and out ports
- Copy and paste with the Content Collector and Content Placer tools
- Modify a frame and content independently
- Resolve missing links and fonts
- Package a publication for sending
- Export in Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Experience with using Adobe tools and panels
- Experience creating and modifying frames
- Experience applying styles to text
- Experience with importing and placing graphics
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Get a 10% discount on the combined cost of all courses in this series when you enroll in the full series at one time. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.