InDesign: Using Page Masters for Efficient Design (IT Training)
Full course description
Help accessing courses on IU Expand (for IU and non-IU users)
About the Course
In this training, we'll be taking a two-page newsletter previously created in InDesign and expanding it to a four-page document. In the process we'll gain experience in working with page masters, which are underlying templates for document pages. We'll also work with advanced tools and features of InDesign, and learn how to prepare and package a publication for printing.
- Configure and apply page masters
- Create headers and footers
- Create automatic “continued on” segments
- Thread a story with in and out ports
- Copy and paste with the Content Collector and Content Placer tools
- Modify a frame and content independently
- Resolve missing links and fonts
- Package a publication for sending
- Export in Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Experience with using Adobe tools and panels
- Experience creating and modifying frames
- Experience applying styles to text
- Experience with importing and placing graphics
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.