Full course description
About the Course
Learn the basics of Adobe InDesign with these materials. During the course of this training, we'll construct a basic two-page newsletter, and in the process gain familiarity with InDesign's interface and many of the tools commonly used to design a publication. We'll also learn some layout terminology, and basic design principles as well.
- Apply basic principles of layout and design
- Create a new publication
- Create, edit, and apply styles to format text
- Work with text and graphic frames
- Import and place external graphics
- Ability to use word processing features
- Knowledge of how to apply text styles
- Familiarity with Adobe tools and panels
- Proficiency with refined mousing tasks
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.