Full course description
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS COURSE IF YOU ARE AN IU MEMBER. IU faculty, staff, and students can access this course content at no cost with a valid IU username and passphrase.
IU faculty, staff, and students: Learn more and enroll at no cost.
Help accessing courses on IU Expand (for IU and non-IU users)
About the Course
In this course, learn how to fully structure web pages using HTML5 and CSS. Learn how to create CSS buttons, internal-page hyperlinks, tables, useful navigation, useful footers, and properly formatted dates and addresses.
- Use metadata effectively
- Use external stylesheets to standardize multiple pages
- Create and style tables
- Create internal-page navigation
- Create a well formed header and footer
- Use pseudo-classes to add interest to a document
- Structure text and image content for the web using HTML5
- Use semantic markup
- Create hyperlinks to link to other pages
- Understand the box model for basic layout
- Make an accessible, well-formed web page
Meet the Instructor
This course is created and maintained by IT Training, a department of University Information Technology Services of Indiana University (IU). IT Training provides educational opportunities around technologies and software made available by IU. In an effort to expand the reach of IT Training's award-winning, high-quality content, this online series has been available to members of the IU community—and beyond. We hope you enjoy this learning experience.
This course is part of a UITS IT Training Certificate Series. Get a 10% discount on the combined cost of all courses in this series when you enroll in the full series at one time. Learn more about the series and how to enroll.